Philippine Government Forms All in One Location
V-NI-006-Rev 1 Extension of Student Visa
BI non - immigrant visa checklist for the extension of student visa
Your Browser Doesn't Support Canvas. Showing the Text Content of the PDF Instead: BI FORM V-NI-005-Rev 1
This document may be reproduced and is NOT FOR SALE
CONVERSION TO STUDENT VISA
G E N E R A L
I N S T R U C T I O N S
To avoid summary dismissal/delay in the processing of your application/petition,
please be advised of the following:
1. Enter legibly all the information required into the appropriate spaces on the form. If the information required is not applicable, please
write “N/A”. Do not leave any item blank. Your answers must be in English and all entries must be in CAPITAL LETTERS using
English characters only.
2. The Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF) must be accomplished in two (2) ORIGINAL copies. The first copy shall be
submitted together with all the documents pertaining to this application and the second copy is intended for application of Alien
Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to be submitted in a separate folder.
3. All documents required for submission must be complied with, arranged in the order as listed in the Checklist of Documentary
Requirements (CDR), compiled in a legal size (8½ x 14 in.) folder and shall be submitted within the prescribed period, if applicable.
4. All sworn statements or affidavits must be original and duly notarized.
5. All civil registry documents issued in the Philippines (i.e. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, etc.) must be
original and issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
6. All foreign documents must be original and authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP), which has jurisdiction over
the place of issuance, or by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) if said document is issued by the local Embassy in the
Philippines, with English translation if written in other foreign language.
7. If the application is filed by an authorized representative, attach a photocopy of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) Accreditation
Identification (ID) Certificate or an original Special Power of Attorney (SPA) for EACH applicant with a photocopy of a valid
government-issued ID of attorney-in-fact.
8. The original valid passport of the applicant must be submitted to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) personnel or concerned frontline
officer for scanning. Thereafter, it shall be returned.
CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR CONVERSION TO STUDENT VISA
Please read carefully the above stated General Instructions
before proceeding with the completion of the documentary requirements.
1. Joint letter request addressed to the Commissioner from the authorized representative of the petitioning school
and applicant, using the school letterhead with dry seal;
2. Duly accomplished CGAF for Student Visa and Special Study Permit;
3. Photocopy of passport pages bearing the bio-page, latest admission with valid authorized stay and Bureau of
4. Notice of Acceptance of the applicant bearing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal;
5. Endorsement addressed to the Commissioner from the school for the conversion of the applicant’s status, signed
by the School Registrar;
6. Certificate of Eligibility for Admission from Commission on Higher Education (CHED), in case of
7. CHED Endorsement for transfer and shifting of course, if applicable;
8. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance, if application is filed six (6) months or more from the date of first
arrival in the Philippines;
9. Photocopy of BI school accreditation ID of the registrar or school representative; and
10. BI Clearance Certificate.
[To be filled out by Authorized BI Personnel Only]
This is to certify that the documents submitted in support of the application of _____________________________
(Name of Applicant)
_____________________________ are complete in accordance with the provided checklist.
Student Visa Section Evaluator:
Signature over Printed Name
Note: Submission of additional supporting documents may be required by the Bureau for further verification and evaluation of application.
Page 1 of 1