What this is For:[u]Application for Copyright Registration[/u]
Where to File:
The National Library building, 2nd floor,
T.M. Kalaw St., Ermita, Manila.
How to File:
Fill-up the application form from no. 1 to no. 8 if you are filing the unpublished work. Sign your name at the bottom of the application form. If you are filing for a published work have to fill up the form from no.1 to no. 9. Fill-up the affidavit at the back of the application form and sign your name at the bottom of the application form. Then bring your application form to a notary public for notarization of your application. Bring your application to the Copyright Office together with the two (2) copies of the material as deposit.
1. Apply for copyright registration at the Copyright Division of The National Library of the Philippines. Secure application form in the said office or download form. Those in far-off areas of the country, ask for an application form by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by FAX No: 63.2.524-2329 or by mail addressed to:
The National Library
T.M. Kalaw St.
2. If the applicant is a non-resident, he/she should appoint a local authorized agent by special power of attorney to prosecute copyright application for and his/her behalf with this office.
3. If a third party is claiming copyright ownership of the book other than the author, the author as the original copyright owner should waive his/her copyright in writing under oath in favor of the claimant. The copyright waiver should be attached to the application.
4. If the applicant is a proprietor, a photo copy of his certificate of business name should be attached to the application and for a corporation, its SEC registration.
5. Certificate of the deposit will be issued upon request by the applicant.
FEES: Registration fee of one hundred pesos (P100.00) and ten pesos (P10.00) worth of documentary stamps.
Other Documentary Requirements:
1. Application form, accomplished in duplicate, typewritten.
2. An affidavit should be attached at the back of the application form and should be duly notarized.
3. Application should be accompanied with two (2) copies of the work as deposit, and a registration fee of one hundred pesos (P100.00) and ten pesos (P10.00) worth of documentary stamps.
4. If the work applied for registration is a published work, two (2) printed copies shall be submitted with the application form copyright notice printed in front or at the back of the title page if it is a book and on any conspicuous space if it is a non-book material.
The copyright notice shall be in this form:
Philippine Copyright _____ (year of publication)
by ________________ (name of copyright owner)
5. If the work applied for registration is an unpublished work, two (2) manuscripts and/or photocopies of the work without the copyright notice shall accompany the application.