CAREER SERVICE EXAMINATIONS (CSE)
Paper and Pencil Test ( PPT)
PROFESSIONAL (Second Level)
Subprofessional (First Level)
DATES OF EXAMINATIONS
CSE - Paper-and-Pencil Test (PPT)
Dates of Examination10 APRIL 200516 OCTOBER 2005 Application Deadlines11 MARCH 200516 SEPTEMBER 2005
Application forms are available in all CSC Regional Offices and Field Offices. The application form may be reproduced provided that the same format is followed. Applicants may file their applications with any CS Regional Office or Field Office.
Qualified applicants for the CSE-PPT, both Subprofessional and Professional levels, will be notified of their place of examination through a Notice of Admission or Examination Permit. In case the notice or permit is not received a week before the date of examination, the applicants must personally verify the place of examination from the CSC Regional Office where they filed their application papers.
Qualified applicants for the CSE-CAT both Subprofessional and Professional levels, will receive their admission notice upon approval of their application. The applicant's admission notice comprises the lower portion of the examination application form and the application fee receipt
WHAT TO BRING ON EXAMINATION DAY
Applicants should bring the following on examination day:
1. Notice of Admission or Examination Permit
2. Lead Pencil No. 2
3. Ball Pen (Blue or Black)
4. The same Valid ID (Drivers License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Postal ID, NBI Clearance, PRC ID etc.) presented during application stage.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS If you have not received your Notice of Assignment five (5) days before the examination, please visit or call the office where you filed your application to inquire about it. Failure to take the examination on your scheduled date will mean forfeiture of examination fees. No request for re-scheduling is allowed.Do not bring cellular phones and other materials outside of those above-listed, otherwise, they will be confiscated by the Security Officers. The Commission will not be liable for the loss or damage of said belongings.
W A R N I N G Anybody who shall commit any form of examination irregularity, such as IMPERSONATION, CHEATING AND COLLUSION, shall be dealt with administratively and criminally. Those found guilty of an examination offense shall be meted penalties such as cancellation of examination results and eligibility, perpetual disqualification from holding public office, and dismissal from the service, if currently employed in the government, in addition to imprisonment.
The examinations will cover the following subject areas:
Career Service Professional - In English and Filipino: vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, and numerical reasoning
Career Service Subprofessional - In English and Filipino: vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, clerical operations, and numerical reasoning
Both professional and subprofessional levels of the examinations will have general information questions on the following areas:
Philippine Constitution, Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713), Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts, and Environment Management and Protection.Philippine Constitution, Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713), Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts, and Environment Management and Protection.
To pass the examinations, an examinee must obtain a rating that is not lower than eighty percent (80%).
Applicants are advised to check carefully whether they meet the admission requirements stated below. Only those who meet the admission requirements should apply for the examination; otherwise, if an applicant is found not qualified, his/her application shall be disapproved, and if already approved, admission shall be revoked and the admission fees paid shall be forfeited.
1. At least 18 years of age on the day of filing of application;
2. Citizens of the Philippines;
3. Good moral character;
4. No criminal record or have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude; and
5. Has not been dishonestly discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government.
6. Has not taken the CS Examination in less than 3 months or has not failed the examination four (4) consecutive times
1. Properly accomplished application form for the examination (CS Form 100); Civil Service Examination Form - CS Form No. 100-A
2. Examination fee of Three Hundred Fifty Pesos (PhP 350.00);
3. Four (4) latest and identical passport size (1 x 2) ID pictures with name tag taken within three months before the date of filing of application shall be submitted to the processor. Two (2) ID pictures shall be pasted on the application form while the other two (2) ID pictures shall be stapled on the application form and shall be used on the examination documents on examination day. Pictures that are scanned and printed from computers or xeroxed are not accepted; and
4. Any one (1) valid ID e.g. Drivers License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, NBI Clearance, Postal ID, PRC ID, or current Office ID which contains the applicants picture, date of birth (if available), signature and the signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency. A photocopy of the valid ID presented shall be attached to the application form.