What this is For:
It is a wise business decision to obtain legal proof of ownership. What is required to obtain such a proof Ideally, you need a business name registration certificate from the Department of Trade and Industry.
When you need information about a business or if you lost your Business Name Certificate, you can request a certification as proof of the existence of a valid business name.
Where to File:
DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY
2/F DTI Bldg., 361 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City, Philippines 1200
How to File:
Who can request for certification
In case the Certificate is lost or destroyed, the registrant may request in writing issuance of an affirmative certification based on the records and upon payment of the prescribed fee
Other Documentary Requirements:
How do I request a business name certification
Verification of the existence/status of a certain business name
1. Request letter for verification and state the reason/s.
2. P50.00 processing fee.
Certified True Copy
1. Letter request for the issuance of certified true copy of a certain business name.
2. Xerox copy of the BN certificate
3. P50.00 processing fee.
Optional Certification (for corporation/partnership only)
1. Board resolution requesting for the issuance of the optional certificate
2. Filled up application form
3. Certified xerox copy of SEC certificate and articles of incorporation.
4. Official receipt of the payment made.