Application for Registration of Importers
What this is For:[u]Application for Registration of Importers[/u]
Where to File:Customs Intelligence and Investigation Service (CIIS), Bureau of Customs
How to File:
1. All importers whose Head/Principal Office are located in Metro Manila shall file their application form with the Office of the Assistant Service Director for Administration, CIIS.
2. All importers whose Head/Principal Offices are located OUTSIDE Metro Manila shall register with the Office of the District Collector of the Port/Sub-Port Collector under whose jurisdiction the physical location of the Head/Principal Offices of the applicant(s) is/are located.
3. After the documents have been submitted by the applicant, the folder shall be assigned to an agent to conduct the necessary validation/verification.
In the case of applications in ports outside Metro Manila, the District Collector of Customs/Subport Collector of Customs shall utilize CIIS agents for validation/verification as far as practicable.
4. Once the application is approved by the Director, CIIS, the applicant shall be issued a Certificate of Registration with an assigned Registration Number.
Other Documentary Requirements:
1) Mayors Permit
2) VAT or non-VAT certificate of applicant
3) TIN Card of the company/enterprise, its directors and principal officers (CEO, CFO and Import-Export Officer, Proprietor or Partner)
4) For corporations, articles of incorporation and by-laws
5) For partnerships, articles of partnership and by-laws
6) For cooperatives, registration documents with the Cooperative Development Authority
7) For sole proprietorships, proof of registration with the Bureau of Trade Regulation and Consumer Protection, DTI
8) 2x2 pictures with official signature at the back of directors and principal officers
9) Audited financial statements for the past three years, if applicable
10) Summary of importation for the past three years, if applicable
11) Corporate and individual clearances from BIR and BOC, where applicable, of directors and principal officers and proprietors/ partners
12) BOI certificate of registration, if applicable
13) Income Tax Returns of the company, partners, proprietor/owner for the past three years, as applicable
14) Affidavit of AssetsStatement of Assets and Liabilities filed with the BIR
15) List of articles regularly imported by the applicant
16) Name of retained/ in-house broker, if applicable
17) Other documents or information that may be required, which shall be covered by a supplemental CMO to be issued from time to time.